Wednesday, July 8, 2009

danger will robinson, danger

Currently bleaching hair. Burns like a bitch. Nothing I'm not used to.

Psyched for the Green Day show in Chicago Sunday. So, so fucking pumped. I imagine this is how a suicide bomber must feel anticipating virgins in the afterlife.

Ah, it itches so fucking badly. I still have like an hour of waiting before I can shower.

I saw Green Day at Webster Hall back in May, the day after my 16th birthday. And I can't even really descibe how amazing it was. Maybe it was years of build-up from having wanted to see them so badly since I was like, 10 years old. Maybe they're just amazing preformers. Maybe both. I don't care. It was just...so epic.

Met so many cool people there. At a lot of shows I feel alienated, like everyone belongs to some exclusive club that I'm denied access to. Not the case with Green Day. Everyone just wanted to see a good show, and knew there was no reason to start shit or fuck with other people.

And you think, if you're going to a concert, then all the other people that are going to see the same thing will just want that--to see a good show and have an awesome time.

Not the case.

It may seem like such a small thing, but it's really hard to like some bands just because of their fanbase.

*cough*Mychemicalromance*cough*

It's just...I don't know how to decribe it, other than shows are like their own tiny microcosms (thankyou, ninth grade english class). Depending on where you are, your microcosm may contain x-amount of assholes. Like the Crazy Donkey--most shows there are at like, nine on a Tuesday night with most people just there for drinks on Long Island, so you're gonna have a lot of assholes. MSG, you're gonna have a lot of people going to the show just because it's at MSG in New York, so you're gonna have a lot of assholes.

Then there's Warped Tour at the Colliseum--where everyone's there for their own favorite bands and it's too hot to fuck with people. So there is significantly less asshole-age. Or a show at Webster Hall where a dude will pay two hundred dollars in quarters for a ticket that he stole out of his parents fishbowl of change.

My hair's done now--all light and blond. Kind of don't know what else to write about, so I'll end it with this:

Through love and honor only can your journey be worth the desitination.

Also, you will find prosperity in the stock market.

Thank you Ho-Ching Chinese Food for your words of wisdom.

No comments:

Post a Comment